Sunday, 29 August 2010

THE RIVER AT LIVERPOOL By Cecelia Lyden

This is the portion of the River I painted.

acrylic
8x10
This painting is currently residing at
THE ART AND SOUL GALLERY
900 Market St
Lemoyne, PA
717-761-1270
This picturesque stretch of the Susquehanna River can be viewed from Front Street in Liverpool. PA. In this painting, I tried to convey the overcast, somewhat humid weather of that day. It had been an uncomfortably warm summer, but happily on that morning there was a shady tree and a slight breeze to keep me in good humor and determined to finish the painting.


2 comments:

Claire Beadon Carnell said...

This is such a great view of the Susquehanna, Cecelia. You definitely succeeded in getting the atmosphere of an overcast, humid summer day. Beautiful!

Julie Riker said...

I am happy you decided to post a photo of the actual scene, Cecelia. I love being able to see the way you have interpreted what you are looking at. In this case I think you have greatly improved on the view.