Sunday, 29 August 2010

SUNFLOWERS By Cecelia Lyden

This is the portion of the field I painted.

acrylic on stretched canvas
11x16
I am most happy to be part of the Susquehanna Valley Plein Aire Painters group. Painting en plein aire is new for me. I love the on-site experience which enables me to get a real sense of the atmosphere, the depth and the colors of the subject. In addition, painting and critiquing at the end of each session with other friendly and helpful artists has been both enjoyable and a valuable learning experience.

In this painting I tried to convey the beauty of a perfect summer day, with sun-drenched fields of poppies, a bright blue sky and streaky white clouds. It was a cool and comfortable day--ideal for plein aire painting.

1 comment:

Claire Beadon Carnell said...

You did such a phenomenal job on this, Cecelia.