Monday, 13 September 2010

Codorus State Park Study by Mary Beth Brath


This site is wonderful. It has made me focus on reaching a goal to FINISH a plein air painting in an allotted amount of time. I only had an hour for this one. My husband and 4 boys were just off to the right fishing and playing and the sun was setting behind me. I was pleased with how quickly it came together but still needed more time than I had on site. I laughed when I was on my way home and realized the terrible layout of my clouds. Three rolling clouds almost all the same shape and distance apart. The value change of my blue was way off also. Maybe another half an hour and I would have figured out the sky problems.
Codorus State Park is so gorgeous. This was in mid August - the end of summer vacation for the kids.

1 comment:

Julie Riker said...

I am just back from vacation and catching up on blog posts...I love this one from you Mary Beth! The lake at Codorus is beautiful. We take our kayaks there all the time. I think it would be a great place for the group to paint, don't you?