Tuesday, 14 September 2010

Mansion at Kings Gap by Lyn O'Neal

Mansion at Kings Gap
oil on canvas board
11 x 14 inches
I've taken this painting up to Kings Gap three times to paint the mansion en plein air. Twice last year and then put it in the exhibit somewhat unfinished. I brought it just recently back up the mountain one more time to finish it so it will be ready for this year's exhibit in October. I'm calling it complete, though I could probably work on it endlessly. A bit of a challenge.

3 comments:

Cecelia Lyden said...

Achallenge well met, Lyn--kudos to you for such a fine painting.

Claire Beadon Carnell said...

I love the way you have painted the warm light that strikes the face of the mansion. This is quite lovely!

Pat Koscienski said...

What a great painting, Lyn. You proved 3rd times a charm!