Sunday, 19 September 2010

Sunflowers I - Acrylic Impressionistic Plein Air Floral Painting by Pennsylvania Daily Painter Pat Koscienski

Sunflower I
8" x 10"
Acrylic on 300lb watercolor paper

This painting was started plein air at Ashcombe's farm in Mechanicsburg, PA this summer. It was an overcast day which gave a very dramatic sky and unique lighting. The sunflowers were near done for the year; their heads were large and heavy and it was all these several could do to hold their head up without the encouragement of the sun. This painting can fit into a standard 8x10 frame or be matted and framed to a larger size. If you have any questions, or wish to purchase, please contact Pat at patsfineart@hotmail.com To see more of my paintings, visit my blogspot or website at:

www.patkoscienski.blogspot.com
www.patkoscienski.com



1 comment:

Cecelia Lyden said...

I like the show of texture in the sky. Sunflowers have done well this summer--so many beautiful paintings of them by our group.