Friday, 3 September 2010

SUNNY MORNING AT KING'S GAP By Cecelia Lyden


acrylic
8x10
717-761-5285

The sun was hot and bright; the shade, cooler and dark. The zinnias were very colorful and I could not resist painting them contrasted against the dark area behind them. Absent from my painting are the beautiful butterflies. Also missing are the acorns that kept dropping like mini bombs and near missing my head. The many perils of plein aire painting are forgotten once the painting is finished. And cooler days are ahead.



5 comments:

L. O'Neal said...

I really did think you were in a little bit of peril as those acorns kept falling around you. Glad you emerged unharmed and with a very nice painting.

Julie Riker said...

Absolutely beautiful, Cecelia. Very painterly and loose...no one could ever tell that you were under fire.

Tatiana Myers said...

Nice work, Cecilia!
Too bad I couldn't make it there that day!.. :-(

Claire Beadon Carnell said...

Those Chestnut Oak acorns are like little bullets - proves you perform well while under fire, as this is a beauty!

Mary Beth Brath said...

I like the way you posted the painting and the photo.