Friday, 10 September 2010

VIEW AT AMITY HALL By Cecelia Lyden

A few of the 12 people who painted at the boat launch on Thursday 9/9.


acrylic on stretched canvas
11x14
www.cecelia lyden.com
lyden1819@comcast.net
717-761-5285
Puffy clouds and brisks winds made for a challenging plein air experience. The sun was bright, the shadows deep, and the sky and water were vivid blue at times. The wind kept moving those clouds, so the shadows and sunny areas kept changing. I tried to stick to the weather conditions present when we first arrived in the morning. Later the clouds increased and the lighting completely changed. Those of us[ there was a total of 12 ] who arrived early, I feel, got the most vibrant coloring and dramatic contrasts.





2 comments:

Julie Riker said...

Again, I am sorry I missed you all at Amity. Everyone looks very cold standing by the shore.

Claire Beadon Carnell said...

Cecelia, you really caught the feel of the day beautifully in this. What a gorgeous painting!!!
Thanks for posting the pictures - I may have to copy that one of me - I had such a great time painting out by the water.