Sunday, 5 September 2010

"Water Tower at Kings Gap" By Debra Tritt Kreiger


9"x12" Watercolor on 140lb Arches Paper

This is my first painting with my friends from Susquehanna Valley Plein Air Painters. It was a perfect day in the park. The acorns were falling, the bees and butterflies were busy and the frogs were in good humor. I chose the unusual water tower as my subject. This created a good composition and the colors shimmered in the sunlight.

To contact me about the purchase of this painting or see more of my work go to www.debkreiger.com
or follow my blog at debkreiger.blogspot.com

5 comments:

Cecelia Lyden said...

I already posted this, but it didn't "stick"--wonderful composition --love the rich green foliage --

Tatiana Myers said...

Debra, this is wonderful!
looks like some sort of old castle from story book.
Love it!

Claire Beadon Carnell said...

This is an absolutely beautiful painting of the Kings Gap Water Tower, Deb. Sure hope you exhibit it when we have our show at Kings Gap this October during their Garden Harvest Festival!

Pat Koscienski said...

What a beautiful painting, Debra. I really like the colors you found and painted in that tower.

Julie Riker said...

Deb, I can't believe that you ever questioned that you could do plein air work. This is BEAUTIFUL!