Friday, 17 September 2010

WEST FAIRVIEW VISTA By Cecelia Lyden

John, Ralph, and David Henry plein air painting at West Fairview on the River this past Thursday.
acrylic on board
8x10
Painting outdoors is always different. Locations change, seasons change, but the biggest differences are the weather conditions. Yesterday was overcast and remained that way all morning. I expected the grayish sky to reflect its color in the River. So it was surprising to me that there were glints of blue in the water. Surprises like that are a positive for observing and painting up close. A negative surprise was that it was very breezy and very, very chilly.










2 comments:

Julie Riker said...

I am sorry I missed this paint out day. West Fairview is one of my favorite places to paint. I am glad you had a chance to go there, Cecelia, and you have a really lovely painting of the site.

Pat Koscienski said...

You managed to provide us with a lot of distance into that painting, Cecelia. And, your light on that water is fantastic.