Sunday, 24 October 2010

Autumn Path - Acrylic Impressionistic Plein Air Landscape Painting by Pennsylvania Painter Pat Koscienski

Autumn Path
6" x 6"
Acrylic on canvas
This painting was started plein air at the Reimann conservancy off Waggoner Gap Road on the Perry County Side in Pennsylvania. I was told it was a area of land, woods, stream that was donated to a conservancy where no hunting or sale of the land would take place. It was done last fall, and I remember the air being crisp that morning. I wanted to try the smaller canvas to capture the essence of the morning, trying to stay loose and paint quickly. If you have any questions, or wish to purchase, contact Pat at patsfineart@hotmail.com If interested in viewing more of my paintings, please visit my website and blogspot at:

3 comments:

Cecelia Lyden said...

The loose brushwork and the vibrant fall colors make for an exciting painting.

Claire Beadon Carnell said...

WOW- this really packs a punch of beautiful Fall color, Pat. I like the way my eye is lead in and around the painting.

Julie Riker said...

The colors are magnificent and I love how you composed the painting within the square format.