Monday, 11 October 2010

Conodoquinet Rapids by Julie Riker

6x8 oil
Saturday was a great day for a plein air painting session. I went to Willow Mill Park and decided to focus in on this small section of rapids. I wanted to try to keep enough realistic detail in the painting for the viewer to understand what it was, but border slightly on something more expressive. I found myself getting into the markings and movements of my brush strokes as I followed the path of the water.
For more information on my work please visit my website http://www.julieriker.com/

2 comments:

Claire Beadon Carnell said...

Julie - I commented on this beautiful piece on the DPP Blog, and it's a pleasure to tell you again what a wonderful painterly painting this is!

Catherine Stone said...

Very nice...love the tight composition, it really allows us to see the movement!