Monday, 18 October 2010

MORNING SHADOWS and AUTUMN GRASSES By Cecelia Lyden

oil on canvasboard
6x8
oil on canvas board
6x8


This past Friday and Saturday I attended a plein air workshop in Newtown, PA. It was hosted by Valerie Craig, a wonderful plein air artist from the Philadelphia area.http://www.valeriecraig.com/index.htmThe setting and scenery were perfect. The sun was shining, the sky was blue and the autumn colors were glowing. BUT, the temperature was cold and there were gale force winds blowing non-stop. Easels were toppling everywhere. I lost all my turp. Luckily ,Valeri had some to spare. In spite of the constant pressure of holding my easel in place. I managed to do 3 paintings. Plus, I enjoyed the beautiful farmland, the instruction and being in the company of other artists.

2 comments:

Claire Beadon Carnell said...

Cecelia, I think YOU'RE going to be teaching a plein air workshop soon...these are lovely!

Debra Kreiger said...

These are really nice Cecelia. I agree with Claire. You'll be teaching soon!