Monday, 4 October 2010

Two Vistas by Julie Riker

View From Samuel Lewis State Park
11x14 oil

King's Gap Visa
8x10 oil
It is just a coincidence that I ended up painting 2 overlook vistas this weekend. Though they look as if they were painted from the same location, the first was painted at Samuel Lewis State Park in Wrightsville, and the second was painted at King's Gap State Park where I painted with several plein air artists at the Garden Festival. Both were beautiful days for taking in a view like this....clear crisp light and perfect puffy clouds...you could see for miles.
These were my first attempts at painting a vista like this. At first I found it to be a bit daunting, but I quickly came to love painting the abstract colors and shapes.
If you would like to see more of my work please visit my website www.julieriker.com
The exhibit and paint out at King's Gap were a great way for SVPAP to formally introduce our group to the public. MANY thanks to Claire Beadon Carnell for all her hard work in arranging the show and designing the program!


1 comment:

Cecelia Lyden said...

Such strong compositions --beautiful rendering of miles and miles of distance--lovely landscapes.