Thursday, 11 November 2010

6 PM October Apple Tree

Sorry to have missed painting the beautiful day today with the group...can't wait to see the new works!

This is one I finished in my yard a few weeks ago.  As I was leaving my studio, the late-day light was just spilling across the back yard, and creeping right under the neighbor's tree illuminating the fallen (or piled up) fruit.  T he effect lasted only minutes before the shadows moved on.  I purposefully waited for the effect a few days later and was able to capture what I had missed the first time.

This one is displayed, along with works of Pat Koscienski, Claire Beadon Carnell, Ralph Hocker, Cecelia Lyden, and Lyn O'Neal at the Holiday Artists Market, 16 W. Pomfret Street, Carlisle.  Stop and see this beautiful display through the end of December.

Acrylic on canvasboard, available, contact the artist.

3 comments:

Cecelia Lyden said...

Strong diagonals and color contrasts make this such a dynamic painting --love the free, loose brushwork too.

Claire Beadon Carnell said...

Beautiful light, Cathy - and I love the touch of red with the apples.

Julie Riker said...

Nice painting! I too like the vibrant red apples contrasting the green.