Monday, 20 December 2010

GOVERNOR'S SCULPTURE by Sharon Benner


What a cold, damp day it was when we painted at the Governor's Residence. The garden was full of local color as the sun light was not out that day and didn't influence the colors. The metal sculpture of a boy and his dog made the center of interest and I tried to downplay the fall colors in the flower beds. The mist was starting as I completed the painting, so I added some soft blues and pinks. You can view other paintings at www.hanoverareaarts.com/42 or http://www.sharonkbennerfineart.blogspot.com/

4 comments:

Cecelia Lyden said...

Sharon--Such a lovely depiction of a quaint vignette--perfect descripive colors of that cloudy, cold day--I love it.

Claire Beadon Carnell said...

Beautiful painting, Sharon!

Julie Riker said...

Gorgeous Sharon! Soft and painterly. I love all the greens.

Mary Beth Brath said...

Oh I love this. Great work Sharon. It was fun talking with your today.