Friday, 31 December 2010

Joined SVPAP - It has been a good year

"Clouds over Lake Pinchot"   Watercolor     4/2010

I started painting with the group in April since Sue Gray invited me. It was a cold day at Pinchot Park, but it was great to talk with other artists and take a peak at their work while being encouraged to come out and paint yourself. Everyone was welcoming and I felt very comfortable talking to everybody. I liked looking at Ralph's artwork and sharing stories with Pat.
After painting several times with the group throughout the summer, I joined the group officially after our paint out at the Governor's residence.
Looking back, it has been a good year for me. I have been painting much more, since I now have the encouragement of a group of likeminded people and fellow artists.
Thank you Susan for inviting me,
Johanna
Contact me if you like to see more of my artwork

4 comments:

Julie Riker said...

Johanna, it has been nice meeting you and painting with you this year for me too. It is great to have you and your fresh painting style as part of the group.

Cecelia Lyden said...

Wonderful, expressive brushwork and colors--the loose brushwork and dark blues aptly define the setting and weather--love it.

Claire Beadon Carnell said...

Welcome to the SVPAP blog, Johanna! What a great painting to start off with - I really look forward to seeing more from you.

Pat Koscienski said...

Welcome to the blog, Johanna. I love the painterly quality to your painting. The movement and mood you achieved are great.