Thursday, 6 January 2011

Dancing in the Rain - Original Acrylic Plein Air Landscape Painting of Italian Lake Fountain by Pennsylvania Daily Painter Pat Koscienski

Dancing in the Rain
12" x 6"
Acrylic


This 12" x 6" painting was done plein aire (painting on site) at Italian Lake in Harrisburg, PA. It was a statue commissioned by Milton Hershey, which in that day became very controversial because of the nude figures. It ended up at Italian Lake, fortunately for many who enjoy it's beauty. There was a drizzling rain that morning, but I was under my easel umbrella under a tree. The fine rain did not bother me until the wind started to blow it in under the umbrella. Even this did not concern me, until I realized I was using the new interactive acrylic paint which becomes resoluable when wet. I soon packed up and left, but not before I realized some of the raindrops caused markings on my painting. And, to my delight gave it a more believable rainy, wet, splashing water look which I'm sure could not have been achieved without the weather conditions. If you have any questions, or wish to purchase, contact Pat. To see more of my paintings, please visit my blogspot and website at:

2 comments:

Cecelia Lyden said...

Pat--I've never seen statues look so alive. What a fantastic whimisical, fluid look to this work. The off center placement of the statues makes room and gives importance to the magical and fluid rendering of the water and background.

Julie Riker said...

This was always one of my favorite paintings of yours. It is nice to see it on the blog and great to learn of the "happy accident".