Tuesday, 11 January 2011

SOUTH JETTY PARK By Cecelia Lyden

acrylic
6x8
www.cecelialyden.com
lyden1819@comcast.net

Tuesdays are the day the plein air group in Fort Pierce meet. The first time I was to meet with them was at South Jetty Park not far from me. Unfortunately it was very overcast and a little drizzly, but warm, in the 70's. I went anyway, thinking it would be different to paint a cloudy day on the ocean. I was the only one who showed up--lots of fishermen there and people walking, but no painters. So I painted my little painting, packed up my little paint box and went home.

1 comment:

Julie Riker said...

Greeting Cecelia!! 70 degrees?!!! We had 4 " of snow last night! Nice to hear from you and see that you are keeping yourself busy. Way to go braving the "overcast and drizzly" weather - show those Florida painters how tough we are in PA. Have fun!