Tuesday, 22 February 2011

MAPLES, BOILING SPRINGS by Sharon Benner


In October 2010 I painted this painting on a dark, rainy day in Boiling Springs. I sat in the back of my van in a beach chair with the hatch up and painted for a couple of hours. The red maples really popped against the dark grey sky. We will be painting at Boilling Springs this Thurs., the 24th of Feb. and it will be interesting to see and paint the change in season. You can view paintings from my show at the Hanover Art Gallery at www.hanoverareaarts.com and at SharonKBennerFineArt.blogspot.com

2 comments:

Cecelia Lyden said...

I really like the bright colored trees against the dark sky and water--these stormy, rainy days make for very dramatic paintings.

Cathy Mabius said...

Great job, Sharon. I like the color harmonies of stormy purples, balanced with bright reds and soft greens. Your dedication of painting in all weather is to be admired.