Wednesday, 11 May 2011

Codorus Park on Mother's Day by Mary Beth Brath




Codorus Park on Mother's Day by Mary Beth Brath

8x10" Acrylic on Canvas - Plein Air


I can't make it to the paint out tomorrow at Codorus, but my husband and I took the kids there on Sunday for a Mother's Day outing. Three of our boys played along the shore and Phillip and my eldest son Peter fished in a cove. They always catch fish at Codorus! I happily painted and talked to over a dozen people that stopped to watch. It was a glorious day.


The lake is quite high right now. Notice the bush that is in the water in the front left corner of the painting.


Have a great day tomorrow! I will be in Gettysburg for the day.

3 comments:

Cecelia Lyden said...

A beautiful painting done on a memorable, beautiful Mother's Day-surrounded by loved ones--it does not get any better than that.

Claire Beadon Carnell said...

I love the first photograph, that has your kicked-off flip flops, Mary Beth! Just shows how you were relaxed and enjoying your day of painting and being with your family at this beautiful lake.
This is a great painting, and I am almost positive I know exactly where you were working.
We should plan to go there some time in the summer (the group that painted Thursday definitely wants to go back in the fall) when the schedules loosen up and we can paint on different days of the week!

Julie Riker said...

Looks like a beautiful day to spend Mother's Day...a real treat!