Sunday, 1 May 2011

FLOWERING CRABAPPLE AT WILLOW PARK
Original Plein Air
Oil Painting
by Claire Beadon Carnell

'Flowering Crabapple at Willow Park'
Oil   9 x 12

This past Friday morning, several members of our plein air group met
 to paint at Willow Park, in the borough of Camp Hill. 
We have had so much rain (along with some pretty vicious storms)
 this Spring - everything is lush and green, and the flowering trees
 are profuse with blooms. We painted fast - the clouds were
 moving in with more rain predicted later in the day, but the
 morning was excellent to be outside and painting!   


If you would like to see more of my work,
please visit my website or my blog. If you are
interested in purchasing any of my paintings you see
here on this blog, please contact me.

Claire Beadon Carnell
Member of:

2 comments:

Cecelia Lyden said...

This is a perfect plein air painting. The sky was cloudy and grayish. Very little sun But the blossoms were all the pinks you have on that tree and the contrast of the blossoms with the rich, dark greens is just as it was that morning.

Claire Beadon Carnell said...

Thank you, Cecelia. I love the painting you did - that house has always attracted me because of its unusual color and beautiful flowers.