Thursday, 11 August 2011

Rockville Bridge with Train by Lyn O'Neal


Rockville Bridge with Train
oil on canvas board
9 x 12 inches

I'm happy to have finished this painting last week during the paint-out at Ft. Hunter Mansion. I had started it last year down by the boat launch and just had some work to do on the water and bridge. Thankfully I remembered the day from last year, because the weather was completely different. It was a bright, sunny day with the bridge backlit the day I initially painted, but last week was overcast with even light. The water was moving and shimmery both days so that worked out. It was nice that I had it finished by the time the youth came for their painting demonstration.





3 comments:

L. O'Neal said...

I can't seem to get rid of the space gaps between each line. When I press enter it's automatically double spacing? Anyone know how to correct?

CECEIA LYDEN said...

First let me comment on how nice your painting is--Thw bridge is strong, both in its drawing and color--the train is a wonderful addition.
I have the same problem with spacing--Claire has given me some suggestions, but I have not been able to tighten the post up. I've given up, Lyn and I try not to look it.

Claire Beadon Carnell said...

I was at Ft. Hunter today (went there after I left Wildwood after seeing how horrible it looked), and as I was looking toward the Rockville Bridge I was actually thinking about your painting. This is what it is all about - getting the essence of the scene, but injecting it with your own artistic sense and style. This is beautiful, absolutely beautiful! I recommend that people try to see this in person, because although the photograph is good - the real beauty is in seeing this painting with your own eyes!


Lyn - about the double spacing problem - it seems to depend on the return key. I will try to go in and fix this for you. I have posted the issue to blogger, but not getting a response.