Friday, 26 August 2011

Sunflowers at Windmill Creek

Thank you SVAP for welcoming me into the membership of your wonderful plein air painting artists.  I'm looking forward to the journey.

copyright 2011 Linda Young Watercolors
Titled: Sunflower Dreams
9 x 12
Watercolor
There are many pleasures in this life if you just look around and really see what we have been given by our Creator. August twenty-third was a day at Windmill Creek Studio Farms I'd call my personal "Field of Dreams" day for many reasons.

I couldn't have asked for a more beautiful day to be a part of nature here. The sunflower fields were filled with sights, sounds and scents; butterflies of different varieties sipped nectar from the phlox and red-tailed hawk flew high above me. I heard the buzz and saw an assortment of bees--tiny and large ones and the hard-working honey bees flying from flower to flower pollinating as they went on their way.

All of it was a sensory feast for me. Even the feeling of vertigo I had when the earthquake rolled through added to the memories I will keep in my heart of that day. It was simply a plein air pleasure to paint here with my friends in this beautiful place.

Linda Young Watercolors
P O Box 941
Carlisle, Pa 17013

2 comments:

Julie Riker said...

Linda I am so happy that you are part of the group and looking forward to painting with you soon!

Jane Ramsey said...

Love how this turned out! Really wonderful Linda. It was so nice to meet you and look forward to painting together!