Saturday, 27 August 2011

Windmill Creek Whimsy
Jane Ramsey

What an incredible day painting at this beautiful farm. The fields of sunflowers were incredible... the blaze of color and the expanse of blooms -- their round faces all pointing towards us. It was such a whimsical feeling... you couldn't stop smiling gazing out at them! Bees buzzed about, birds soared overhead and the weather was perfect.
Nancy and Eric Olson were so kind to open up their farm to our group to paint. I am so happy to be part of this great group...and glad to be able to join members this day! A memorable day (oh, and an earthquake to top it off!)
There were so many painting venues and I brought my sketchbook along to make some quick plein air sketches in addition to a painting. I love making these sketchbook entries and it allows me to explore some options before settling on a painting set-up.
 To see more of my work visit my website or my blog.

3 comments:

Kathy Malany Ellis said...

Jane, Love your painting and sketch; they make me feel so happy...as you were while painting them! Its a grey day on the coast, but my heart is now sunny.

Jane Ramsey said...

Thanks Kathy! Three acres of happy faces turned towards my easel! It was such an uplifting experience. A great day! Glad it came through in the sketches.

Claire Beadon Carnell said...

I was lucky enough to see these sketches in person, and their clean, fresh color was so appealing. It's a joy to see them again, Jane!