Monday, 5 September 2011

Painting at Two Mile House McClain Celtic Festival

Ralph Hocker and Johanna Monighan-Schaeffer

Linda Young
A cloudy and rain-threatening day at Two Mile House; but the day remained balmy with no rain at all.  Here's just two photos of SVPAP painters.

W.I.P.  Under the Arbor,  Linda Young

I arrived at 8:30 in the morning to begin painting and stayed until two in the afternoon when I had to leave for West Virginia.  I found the questions and conversations by both young and older people interesting; but it did make it difficult to keep focused.  I didn't get this painting finished during the time I was there.  I really did enjoy talking art to the children as they came up to me to ask questions.

I directed the inquisitive people to the hallway inside the Two Mile House to look at our groups paintings currently displayed there. 

Linda Young Watercolors
P O Box 941
Carlisle, Pa.  17013



2 comments:

Claire Beadon Carnell said...

I loved seeing your painting from the Two Mile House event, Linda. Those purple grapes in the arbor were so attractive, and you have painted them beautifully!

Linda Young said...

Thank you Claire