Thursday, 15 September 2011

Rowe's Barn On Coulter Road, VT
Jane Ramsey

 Rowe's Barn On Coulter Road, plein air watercolor, 12 x 9

This is another painting from the North Bennington Vermont Plein Air Event held earlier this month. Despite a rainy, grey day (thanks to Hurricane Lee), I managed to paint this lovely old barn. Right after finding this spot to paint the rain subsided and slowly the sun began to pierce through the thick cloud cover. 
I loved this peaceful setting with the barn high on the horizon above me. The run off from the heavy rains was meandering through the fields, making its way under the driveway to join a babbling brook behind me. The steady gurgling sound kept me company. The overcast skies created soft colors and sublte shadows from the diffused light.

You can read more about this painting on my blog, Plein Air Pairings.
www.janeramsey.com

2 comments:

Claire Beadon Carnell said...

I love the high horizon line on this, Jane. It really pulls my eye up to that fantastic barn. Beautiful painting!

Jane Ramsey said...

thanks Claire... I don't often find that vantage point doing barns and that really attracted me to the painting site. And l loved the meandering water collecting at the bottom of the field... i can still hear the sounds of the water.