Thursday, 20 October 2011

FALL GLORY
Original Plein Air
Oil Painting
by Claire Beadon Carnell

'Fall Glory'
Oil on Linen Panel
10 x 8

This past Saturday, a group of artists met up
 to paint at the beautiful Blue Hound Farm in Lewisberry, PA.
Mary Beth Brath and Brownyn Hughes arranged the event,
which included a tour of the farm before we started to paint,
refreshments and a delicious supper and then a critique of our
day's work by Cathy Mabius.  It was an absolutely
delightful day - full of laughs because of the mishaps
caused by the gusty winds, as well as the antics of the
various farm animals!

This is the first painting I worked on - of a glorious tree out
in the field.  The wind was relentless - had to hold on to the
easel to keep it steady.  As I was getting ready to tranfer
my painting to my carrier,  the wind ripped it out of my
hands and sent it sailing!  Thankfully it landed face up,
but it did get a small smear and some dirt on the way...
I fixed the smear and left the dirt alone so that I could just
wipe it off once the painting had dried.





If you would like to see more of my work,
please visit my website or my blog. If you are
interested in purchasing any of my paintings you see
here on this blog, please contact me.

Claire Beadon Carnell
Member of:

No comments: