Wednesday, 14 March 2012

"Evening in the Garden" York Garden and Flower Expo


6-1/2" x 10" Watercolor
At the Expo center on Saturday morning, I selected a little corner that had a small wooden birdhouse, assorted greenery, tulips and flagstone pavers.  Milk's Landscaping was the vendor for this location.  A small path light illuminated the corner space where I stood and sketched the composition I wanted. Painting about a half hour, the bright interior lights of the arena suddenly began to darken and the arena became dimly lit as if it were night time. Night time in the garden where I stood had become a restful and peaceful place and in the twilight, the distant sound of the water falling across the flagstone rocks trickled into the waiting pool below.

I realized I had forgotten to post my painting here on the SVPAP blog after seeing Clare and Larry's paintings from the Expo. 

Linda Young
Watercolors
P O Box 941
Carlisle, Pa. 17013



 

No comments: