Friday, 23 March 2012

FOGGY MORNING
An Original Plein Air
Oil Painting
by Claire Beadon Carnell


'Foggy Morning'
Oil
 16 x 8

Yesterday morning we painted at Samuel Lewis State Park,
and the area was completely fogged in - you could
not even see the view of the river.  However, the
fog created such beautiful, muted color and it wasn't
hard to just jump in and start painting!  I liked the way
these rocks provided a bit of color to the scene.


If you would like to see more of my work,
please visit my website or my blog. If you are
interested in purchasing any of my paintings you see
here on this blog, please contact me.

Claire Beadon Carnell
Member of:

4 comments:

Cecelia Lyden said...

WONDERFUL COMPOSITION, CLAIRE-You were able to use the part of the rock formation, without overwhelming the tall thin tree formation-great vision and skill--beautiful painting.

Sharon K Benner said...

You captured the mood of the day with wonderful sutle values. Sharon

Julie Riker said...

I just left a comment on this on the DPP blog, but I wanted to say something here too. I love that you, Cecelia, and I all painted the same scene, yet each painting is uniquely beautiful. We all captured the day in our own way and it is great to see them all posted here. That is what I love about painting with this group.

Claire Beadon Carnell said...

Thanks, everyone! Julie - I just posted on DPP, then came over here - we both shared the same sentiments.
I like that all three of us painted the same scene, but came up with three very different interpretations!