Thursday, 12 April 2012

LAKESIDE FALL COLOR by Sharon Benner


This painting was a demonstration painting at the Hanover Area Arts Guild Gallery on Tues. evening. It was a demo of plein air equipment and how I plan and organize a thumbnail sketch into values and paint a scene in a timely fashion. This was completed in 1 and 1/2 hours. I used a photograph because the event was inside, but I tried to paint as if I were outside. There was a question and answer session after the demo and the 22 people who attended asked me some very thoughtful questions. I think I may have some new plein air painters in Hanover. I am currently having a show at the Hanover gallery "Seasons of Codorus State Park" and you can view the show at www.hanoverareaarts.com and click on current show.

3 comments:

Cecelia Lyden said...

Sharon--thank you for posting your Hanover exhibit--33 beautiful paintings-amazing!

Larry Lerew said...

I checked out your link to the Hanover Gallery and find your work impressive. I like your feel for atmosphere and color and your comments and encouragement to get others out to paint.

Julie Riker said...

Thanks for sharing the link to your BEAUTIFUL show. I hope it is successful for you!!