Sunday, 15 April 2012

LIONS CLUB PARK By Cecelia Lyden

oil/stretched canvas

11x14


A beautiful morning in Marysville, but chilly and very breezy. The wind and the clouds presented a challenge. The colors and reflections in the water shifted every few seconds and the changes were all beautiful. I found myself trying to capture all of them. It was difficult maintaining a focus. Then at the end of my session, I discovered that I was covered in oil paint-- all over my jacket' my hands, my jeans-everything. I looked like a 5 year old who had been finger painting--What a mess! I went right home and doused rubbed everything with the best laundry aid ever--Lestoil--threw everything in the washing machine with my laundry detergent and voila -no more oil paint--Lestoil cleans everything--my neighbor told me about it 45 years ago and I have rubbed it on all kinds of stains, laundered the clothes with detergent ever since. Just call me Martha.

4 comments:

Larry Lerew said...

I see you captured the shine and color on the water. I love the light colors of this season after seeing bare trees for months. Glad you could get the oil paint out of your clothes. I was going to suggest you try working in a dry medium like pastels but sounds like you saved the day with a bottle of Lestoil.

Cecelia Lyden said...

Lestoil is great--it cleans brushes, too.

Claire Beadon Carnell said...

Beautiful painting, Cecelia - and I love your comments about the Lestoil! I have found that Murphy's Oil soap makes a great brush cleaner too.

Julie Riker said...

Thanks for the Lestoil tip. Of course, I just let my clothes get covered in paint - it makes you appear to be a real authentic artist :) Sorry I missed the paint out, it looks like a nice location.