Wednesday, 25 April 2012

Painting On The Streets Again By Larry Lerew

#12-04-06
Title: "Painting On The Streets Again"
Size: 10" x 10"
Location: en Plein Air Dillsburg, PA
Medium: Acrylic on Canvas Panel
Artist: Larry Lerew

This painting had a cute happening. I was set up in front of my pick up truck painting on the street and a young mother and her kindergarden son stopped to chat. She said her son saw me painting on the way to school and when she picked him up from his half day session he wanted to see the artist and the painting. The little guy was amazed as I showed him how I used a brush to capture the simple shapes and colors laid out before us. They only stayed a second but it was fun to share.

To see more of my art check out my website and blog:
LarryLerew.com

2 comments:

Cecelia Lyden said...

Thank you for sharing your story--I like the jauntiness of your composition, your perky colors and those wonderful telephone lines, holding it all together.

Claire Beadon Carnell said...

Larry - I have met some of the nicest people when out painting plein air. What a wonderful interaction you had today, and who knows what kind of impact you may have had on this young child!

I love the dynamics in this one, especially those diagonal electrical lines. Wonderful work!