Tuesday, 17 April 2012

Paintings for CALC show, Lyn O'Neal

"Morning Light"
Lyn O'Neal
oil on canvas board
14 x 11 inches
This painting was started en plein air during two paint-out days we had at the Two Mile House in Carlisle, PA last summer. I just finished up the touches last week. I'm glad I have the CALC show as a deadline to finish up these paintings. I loved the breaking morning backlight and the cast shadows of these trees.
"Dickenson College Farm"
Lyn O'Neal
oil on canvas board
11 x 14 inches
On one of the hottest days of last summer, I hiked what felt like miles up the lane to meet up with Claire Carnell and Cecelia Lyden who found a shady spot overlooking the beautiful Dickenson College farm. It was worth the hike to see the beautiful views. I was unable to finish that day, but I remembered what I loved about this view and worked on it over the last week to finish just in time for the CALC show in May.

5 comments:

Julie Riker said...

Your sense of lighting is wonderful in both of these Lyn. Looking forward to seeing them in the show.

Cecelia Lyden said...

The compositions are serene just like the actual settings--lovely paintings.

Claire Beadon Carnell said...

{{{Sigh...}}} Two beautiful paintings, Lyn - your blues are sublime.

L. O'Neal said...

Thank you for the nice comments. I'm so happy to be back at the easel.

Linda Young said...

I think you began the morning light painting when I was with the SVPAP for the first time. Great light on this painting.