Thursday, 5 April 2012

REDBUDS BY DEVIL'S DEN - REPOST
Gettysburg National Battlefield
An Original Plein Air Oil Painting
by Claire Beadon Carnell


'Redbuds by Devil's Den'
Gettysburg National Battlefield
Oil on Linen Panel
9 x 12

I have had several requests that I post just the painting, so
here it is.  I pulled it out of my pochade box and signed it.
I have to say that seeing it made me smile as I remembered
the beautiful day of painting!

'Redbuds by Devil's Den'
Gettysburg National Battlefield
Oil on Linen Panel
9 x 12

Today was one of those perfect Spring days.  The
temperatures were in the high 50's, the air literally sparkled
with light, and the redbuds were in full bloom on the
Gettysburg Battlefield. Here are my efforts
right before I packed up and headed home for the day. 

I am so blessed to be able to follow my passion.


If you would like to see more of my work,
please visit my website or my blog. If you are
interested in purchasing any of my paintings you see
here on this blog, please contact me.

Claire Beadon Carnell
Member of:

4 comments:

Larry Lerew said...

Great combo photo of your painting with your subject in the background. I like the bright blossoms playing off the dark tree line background. Wasn't the light and color clear and sparkling that day.

Sharon K Benner said...

Wonderful composition, please show the whole painting, I'm dying to see the finished work. Sharon

Cecelia Lyden said...

The light was sparkling that day--I was in Harrisburg with friends who came to see my exhibit-and the blue sky, the buildings, the spring green and the blossom trees were eyepopping.
Your composition is flawless, as usual, and your painting is perfect.

Julie Riker said...

Gorgeous painting Claire!