Monday, 30 April 2012

Still Life en plein air


©Linda Young 2012
Iris at Roebling Roads
7-1/2" x 11"
Watercolor
A week ago in a watercolor class with Jeanne Hartman, some of the class painted a light purple iris as part of the still life.  At the end of the class, I took it home with me to take along on our trip to Georgia; it was too pretty to just toss away.  Remembering Sharon Benner's suggestion for the SVPAP to paint a still life in plein air, I thought I'd give it a try.

I sat up the iris with strong light coming from the right side. Painted with the race track in the background and sand pit nearest the foreground I had many people stopping by to see my progress.  The race track's name is Roebling Roads and it is located a little south of Savannah, Georgia.

Linda Young Watercolors
P O Box 941
Carlisle, Pa.  17013


   

3 comments:

Cecelia Lyden said...

So delicate and exquisitely painted

Claire Beadon Carnell said...

Beautiful - you really captured the light on this nicely! I love the idea of a plein air still life.

Julie Riker said...

You captured the light perfectly. I can tell this is outdoor light.