Friday, 11 May 2012

PANSY TRIO
an Original Plein Air Oil Painting
by Claire Beadon Carnell


What a great day of plein air painting!  I went over to
my daughter's to paint her beautiful flower gardens with
my two granddaughters.  We had a beautiful, breezy day
to paint - so much fun!  See more pictures below.


What a great set-up - I was able to get out of the bright
sunlight by parking myself under their deck umbrella.


The girls painted right beside me.  I see some rather nice
looking flowers being painted...


I got a good block-in done on my second painting of the
day.  I love the variety of beautiful blue flowers my
daughter has in these beds...especially that lovely blue flower
directly to the right of my pochade box.


Don't really have to put up with this when I am out painting
in the wild...but I wouldn't give these wild things up
for anything in the world ♥


If you would like to see more of my work,
please visit my website or my blog. If you are
interested in purchasing any of my paintings you see
here on this blog, please contact me.

Claire Beadon Carnell 

Member of:

3 comments:

Linda Young said...

Great post Claire. Love those little wild things too. Your painting of the pansies has a nice composition. If I didn't know better, the one you say you have blocked in doesn't even look like a painting; but "real" life.
Nice job.

Claire Beadon Carnell said...

Thanks, Linda!

Sharon K Benner said...

I like your floral still life, great colors and I can feel the warm sunlight. Grand kids are cutties.