Saturday, 12 May 2012

an unexpected paint out - Julie Riker


I ended up with some available time at the last minute on Thursday so I was happy to join Cecelia, Clare, and Johanna in Cecelia's neighbor's yard.  I was tempted to paint the poppies that the other 3 artist's chose to work on, but I really liked the way the sunlight was hitting this small pond in the back of the property. 

When I came home I did just a few adjustments to the lily pads - eliminating a few from the composition.  I still need to come up with a title for this and am open to suggestions.

 8x10 oil
If you would like to see more of my work please visit my website www.julieriker.com

4 comments:

Cecelia Lyden said...

So happy you made it that day--This is a beautiful closeup painting os that little pond. The colors on the lily pads, the light through the leaves and the reflections are all super.

Claire Beadon Carnell said...

Love, love, love the transition of color in the water! Beautiful, Julie!

Julie Riker said...

Thanks ladies!!

Catherine Stone said...

That water and the transition was what caught my eye as well - well done!