Sunday, 24 June 2012

OMG - Painting again!


No excuses...life got in the way...But recently I have been able to push some things aside and paint!  This painting happened as I was heading out on Father's Day morning to check out the haybales across the lane and, uninspired, turned and headed down the driveway.  That is where I saw the scene the asked to be painted.  I loved the strong light and shadows.  I grabbed a canvas and some paints and set up on the hood of a car as a makeshift workspace.  It grew hot and the sun was harsh but that is what interested me!  This is an 8 x 10 acrylic on canvas titled "Summer Fields".  (geez, it looks like Sanford and Son's in my driveway...please forgive!)

2 comments:

Claire Beadon Carnell said...

Beautiful, fresh painting, Cathy!

Larry Lerew said...

You broke the ice! It's time to have fun, keep painting!