Tuesday, 12 June 2012

Painting the Gettysburg Battlefield by Larry Lerew

#12-06-21 Size: 8" x 16"

#12-06-20 Size: 12" x 36"

#12-06-19 Size: 8" x 10"
Participating in the Gettyburg Festival Plein Air Event this week.
Here are three out of my first five works. I think I'll switch to watercolor or creative drawings on paper for the last half of the week. Last evening I painted by the Copse of Trees on the Battlefield and it felt a little spooky. It was super quite and I heard footsteps coming up behind me several times and then stop. Most times it was tourists admiring my work but one time I turned and no one was there. Do ghosts enjoy painting too? There is always someone or something looking over my shoulder. Just another interesting experience while out plein air painting.

To see more of my art check out my website and blog:
LarryLerew.com

4 comments:

Sharon K Benner said...

Wonderful color and composition. Sorry I missed you at Hausers Winery on Sunday, I left at 1 pm because no one showed up and it was really hot (90 degrees) and not much shade.

Larry Lerew said...

Sharon,
Sorry I missed you. I started over from Eisenhours Farm after noon but got lost. I headed east on 30 and then back tracked to west 30 and missed the road signs and went beyond. It was 2:15 when I arrived and everyone was gone. Saw your show which was impressive and nicely displayed. Really was tired of driving and as you said it was hot so I went home.

Julie Riker said...

I am so sorry I am not able to join you all in GBurg this week - it seems like so much fun and so many painting opportunities. Larry your work is always amazing -- the monuments is an especially impressive and complex painting. Nice job!

Cecelia Lyden said...

I love the monument painting too, but all of them are so wonderfully rendered in your ever unique style.