Saturday, 9 June 2012

Photos of SVPAP Members at Camp Hill Plein Air Competition and Arts Festival

Claire Beadon Carnell admires her new painting by Paul Gallo

Linda Young painting along the Conodoguinet Creek
The proud owner of one of Claire's paintings.  This was Claire's Quick Draw painting.


Johanna Monighan-Schaefer is awarded Honorable Mention by the judge
Pat Walach-Keough won First Place in the Competition and Julie Riker displays her People's Choice Ribbon, plus other awards and honors.

 Other SVPAP artists were there but I didn't get their photos to put into the blog.

Linda Young
P O Box 941
Carlisle, Pa.  17015

6 comments:

Julie Riker said...

Thanks so much for sharing Linda! These are great!

Larry Lerew said...

That was an exciting and interesting day. I was very stressed and it showed in my painting. The best part was meeting friends and new artists. Congratulations to all who participated.

Linda Young said...

I think I left my painting brain at home and brought a phantom brain instead, Larry. It shows in my painting too. We'll do better next time. Congrats to Julie, Johanna and Pat.

Julie Riker said...

I never feel like the quick draw events are at all about doing my best painting. It's about choosing a simple subject, making quick decisions, getting the canvas covered, and not getting bogged down in the details...all things we should practice in our plein air work. The awards are only about what one judge is drawn to on one given day. Everyone should be commended for even attempting this high stress event and I was delighted that so many from our group did it this year!

Claire Beadon Carnell said...

I agree whole-heartedly with Julie! It was fun to be out there with so many of you just having a great time painting. Johanna and I will always remember the comments we exchanged about the music - made for lots of laughter!!!

Debra Kreiger said...

The pictures are great and will provide many good memories! Congrats to all!