Friday, 27 July 2012

DUCKY DAY
An Original Plein Air
Oil Painting
by Claire Beadon Carnell



'Ducky Day'
Plein Air
Oil on Panel
painted in Boiling Springs.  Some of the artists painted
the wonderful architecture that can be found in this
lovely little town, and some of us painted around the lake.
I found a shaded spot (that included a bench) that 
looked across the lake to the raceway.  

All types of ducks, Canadian geese and even a swan
drifted by as I worked on my painting...what a day!


If you would like to see more of my work,
please visit my website or my blog. If you are
interested in purchasing any of my paintings you see
here on this blog, please contact me.


Claire Beadon Carnell
Member of:



1 comment:

Julie Riker said...

lovely little painting Claire - I really the horizontal format. Sometimes adding animals can ruin a painting but I think you were successful here in adding the suggestion of the ducks but still keeping the focus on the beautiful sunlight on the tree.