Thursday, 19 July 2012

GARDEN IN THE WOODS
An Original Plein Air
Oil Painting
by Claire Beadon Carnell



'Garden in the Woods'
Plein Air
Oil on Linen Panel
12 x 9

Yesterday my good friend Pat Putz and I braved
the scorching heat and painted her beautiful
garden in the woods.  As we painted, I
enjoyed the sounds of her chickens and the
occasional breeze that drifted by. It was a
wonderful time shared with a dear friend!

Below is Pat working on her painting (with my
gear to her left).



If you would like to see more of my work,
please visit my website or my blog. If you are
interested in purchasing any of my paintings you see
here on this blog, please contact me.


Claire Beadon Carnell
Member of:



2 comments:

Julie Riker said...

You are lucky to have friends with such nice properties to paint on. I like the contrast in your painting between the warm spot of sunshine in the foreground and the cool shady woods.

Claire Beadon Carnell said...

Thanks, Julie! The real luck is in having such wonderful friends - it's a bonus that they have such great gardens!
The contrast of the warm foreground and the cool background of the woods is what immediately attracted me to this spot. Of course, those blue rockers were a plus too...