Monday, 9 July 2012

"Peach Flavor" by Larry Lerew

#12-07-01 Size: 10" x 8" Acrylic, en plein air
"Peach Flavor"
Petra's Farm on Lerew Road
 
This was a beautiful location with plenty to paint. I took a look around and found myself in a small fruit orchard. I was looking for interesting shapes and patterns and the color of these ripe peaches hanging in the tree caught my eye. In fact I wanted to paint them so bad I took the risk of standing under the tree with fruit on the ground and a few bees. I made it to completion and I'm proud to say no bees were harmed in the making of this art.


To see more of my art check out my website and blog:
LarryLerew.com

3 comments:

Sharon K Benner said...

Wonderful painting, and so different from your usual landscapes. Great colors.

CECELIA LYDEN said...

And you should be proud of this original and creative painting--such great pattern work--This is now definitely my favorite.

Claire Beadon Carnell said...

Everyone should see this in person - I was painting close by Larry and got to see how this wonderful painting developed!