Wednesday, 4 July 2012

Relax! Happy Independance Day!

This painting took two sittings, as I chased the light.  I began at 9 a.m. facing nearly due east and the strong light and shadows moved quickly.  I caught what interested me in the scene...namely the horizontal blue hammock struck by the light and backed by the deep shadow, but feel the composition lacks.  If I was to do it again, what changes would I make?  I might have to move the hammock around and find out!  Acrylic on prepared canvasboard (9.5 x 14) titled "Dad's Perfect Yard"

3 comments:

Cecelia Lyden said...

Such beautiful, strong color,temperature and value contrasts.

Claire Beadon Carnell said...

This is magnificent, Cathy. What an amazing harmony of color and light - just beautiful!

Julie Riker said...

That cool blue color on the hammock is like an inviting oasis. Thanks for posting Cathy!