Tuesday, 18 September 2012

DRY-DOCKED
An Original Plein Air
Oil Painting
by Claire Beadon Carnell


'Dry-Docked'
Oil Plein Air
Wellfleet Harbour, Wellfleet, Cape Cod, MA
8 x 8

I was looking for something to paint while at the Harbour
in Wellfleet, and when I leaned over the rail of the
pier I saw this peach and blue rowboat pulled up out
of the water.  I really liked the design elements of the
 scene, especially with the cast shadow created by the boat.  
Ralph Hocker (one of the artists who helped
to organize our painting trip to Cape Cod) told me there used to be 
five or six of these rowboats - all the same color, but
apparently this is the only one left.  Sure was glad I found it.
If you would like to see more of my work,
please visit my website or my blog. If you are
interested in purchasing any of my paintings you see
here on this blog, please contact me.


Claire Beadon Carnell
Member of:

3 comments:

Julie Riker said...

Nice Claire! I like the little reflection of warm yellow on the deck.

Larry Lerew said...

I think this beautiful spot of Cape Cod was painted just in time.
I believe this dingy will be hanging from the ceiling of a restaurant or seaside mansion before the year is up.

Clare Klaum said...

I loved the simplicity of this painting and the warm peach and blue tones. The story about it being the last one was the perfect touch.