Sunday, 30 September 2012

FLOWER MERCHANT original pastel painting by Clare Klaum



I  plein air painted at the Harvest of the Arts festival in Carlisle yesterday and it was bustling with people, music and activity.  So much so that it was a little overwhelming to choose a subject matter to paint.  So I focused in on a flower vendor in the market square with a barrel full of dried hydrangeas which are one of my favourite flowers. I kept it small and chose a 5 x 7 pastel board.  The weather turned out to be perfect for painting.

3 comments:

Claire Beadon Carnell said...

LOVE! I think these smaller formats are working beautifully for you when you are plein air painting, Clare.

Claire Beadon Carnell said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cecelia Lyden said...

My favorite flower too-love the tablecloth as much as the hydrangeas.