Saturday, 29 September 2012

Painting at Harvest of the Arts


W.I.P. at the Farmer's Market on the Square.  Linda Young
This is a work in progress; but I had to quit because it got too cold for my hands.  Plus the fact, my subjects were all packing up to go home.  I was able to get one photo from this morning to locate the shadows; otherwise, my intent is to work on this with negative and positive shapes to place the people and "stuff" around and inside the marketeer's booths.

Fortunately for me, my husband was just getting ready to leave our home to come uptown where I was and he brought a hot cup of coffee and a jacket.  By the way, today is our third wedding anniversary.  Happy Anniversary, John. You're the tops!

Contact me:
Linda Young Watercolors
P O Box 941
Carlisle, Pa.  17013

3 comments:

Julie Riker said...

I guess we have to accept that summer is over and start bringing our hats and gloves for plein air painting.
You got a great start here Linda. I hope I get to see it finished sometime.

Clare Klaum said...

What an ambitious painting! I love the colors and the feel of the market place! Can't wait to see it finished. Can you bring it to the picnic?

Linda Young said...

Because I didn't see the posts until Today, there won't be a final painting to see, sorry. The good news is, I sold it to a client who was giving it as a wedding present to his daughter