Tuesday, 9 October 2012

'Turnin' Fallish' - plein air by Dianne Lorden

Fuller Lake, in the Pine Grove Furnace area of Michaux State Forest, was very pretty with autumn colors on the day of the SVPAP picnic — even though it was drizzly from time to time. Raindrops on this blue sanded pastel surface were worrisome, but no harm was done. As the weather was questionable, I brought an abbreviated set-up to the paint out, leaving some of my pastels behind, along with my plein air easel, in the car. I just worked on a picnic table, pretty much ready to run!
The picnic itself was lovely and everyone was so kind and friendly, on this, my first SVPAP event. Thanks!
My work and blog can be seen at my fine art site, South Mountain Sketchbook.

6 comments:

Linda Young said...

Glistening water reflection of the beautiful fall colors. You'd never know the drizzle affected this at all. Lovely

Dianne Lorden said...

I did sort of paint the rainy day out of it by accentuating every color and reflection I could see. Didn't actually capture the light as it was, though, or you'd know it was a dreary day. I guess it was just the mood I was in. Not sure this was a successful plein air!

Julie Riker said...

Nice reflections Dianne! It was great to see you at the picnic!

Clare Klaum said...

Beautiful fall colors! I love the long reflections. Great job!

Clare Klaum said...

Beautiful fall colors! I love the long reflections. Great job!

Claire Beadon Carnell said...

Welcome to the SVPAP blog, Dianne! Glad to see your beautiful work here.