Saturday, 6 October 2012

Water Taxi, en plein air, by Dianne Lorden



I'm pleased to join this fun group of plein air artists and really enjoyed seeing everyone at the SVPAP picnic - even though it was a little brisk!
This pastel I created en plein air at the Brooklyn waterfront September 22, the day of the opening for the DPP's participation in the "Coming to Brooklyn" show, at the Brooklyn Waterfront Artists Coalition (BWAC). It was a little too windy to work comfortably, but I was happy to see those compelling and cheerful looking water taxis; the reflections were fun. I didn't have my charcoals with me, so added lines and things that required some definition later, at home. My artwork can be viewed at my fine art website: South Mountain Sketchbook, through which I can be reached.

1 comment:

Claire Beadon Carnell said...

Love this, Dianne - I think it would be great do take one of these water taxis. Your reflections are wonderful!