Wednesday, 19 December 2012

SUMMER FRIENDS, 12x16, pastel by Sharon Benner

Painted this several years ago.  It was started en plein air at Codorus State Park.  I probably painted 80% there and tweaked the rest in the studio.  I always liked this painting, but never had any luck selling it.  Today I unframed it and will put it in my "misfit painting" storage closet and reuse the frame and matting for another pastel I'm giving as a gift.  I sure have a lot of paintings in that closet!  SharonKBennerFineArt.blogspot.com

4 comments:

Dianne Lorden said...

I think it's delightful, and the colors are fresh and enticing. Very sweet!

Mary Beth Brath said...

Isn't it odd how some paintings sell so fast and others not? This scene is "spot on" for Codorus. My boys and I have sat by the water at Codorus and fished so many times over the past 5 or so years. Lovely painting.

Tatiana Myers said...

Yes, it is delightful!

Linda Young said...

Soon, I'll have to have a closet sale to reduce the inventory I'm accumulating. This is a very nice portrait and must have been a beautiful, warm and sunny day. Nice feeling.